ERP Upgrade Strategy and Rimini Street Support
Do You Really Need That Costly Upgrade?
Enterprise software customers continue to defer upgrades that no longer deliver a convincing business case. Absolute R&D investments by software companies are shrinking, and enhancements to current systems offer little functional value. In fact, according to a recent survey1 by the Oracle Application User Group, Oracle users said the number one reason for performing an upgrade was simply “end of support” – in other words, they had to.
Rimini Street Gives You Flexibility and Freedom
- Time upgrades according to your needs and funding demands.
- Choose the vendor that delivers the next-generation application software most appropriate to your organization's specific business requirements.
With Rimini Street, You Take Back Control of Your Upgrade Strategy
- Reduce Risk. Rimini Street Support lets you maintain flexibility and keep future options open to select the system that best fits your business. Also, you avoid the risk of paying now for untested future releases you may never use; new platforms and enhancements may not meet your needs or may have quality issues.
- Save up to 90 Percent on Total Support Costs. Rimini Street Support clients accrue savings year over year from four primary categories: 1) 50 percent savings on annual support fees. 2) No forced expensive upgrades. 3) Support for customizations. 4) More efficient support processes. Calculate your savings.
- Avoid Vendor Lock-In. Unlike Rimini Street, the big software vendors force upgrades, reduce support over time, charge penalty fees, utilize vendor lock-in strategies that gradually infiltrate your technology stack, and offer new releases with limited ROI.
- Enable Innovation. When you stabilize on your current release with Rimini Street Support, you free up funds to enable strategic investment in innovative IT initiatives. More on enabling innovation.
Let Us Explain Your Options to You
For a strategic consultation regarding your future applications road map and support options, contact us.
1OAUG Research Line, "ERP Upgrades: What's Your Philosophy? 2012 OAUG Survey on Enterprise Application/ERP Suite Upgrade Strategies," February, 2012, pp. 11, 16.