No results found. Reset Filters
Retail IT Trends: Retailers Continue to Lead Digital Transformation, Post-Pandemic — And by Necessity
cost optimization, Digital innovation, Gartner 3 min read
Retail IT Trends: Retailers Continue to Lead Digital Transformation, Post-Pandemic — And by Necessity

CIOs: Note These 7 Retail Trends as You Advise the Business on IT Investments The COVID-19 pandemic significantly disrupted the world of retail necessitating accelerated digital transformation. Retailers around the globe were forced to rapidly reassess business models and operations to serve a customer base that was newly offsite and hands-free. Like many retail IT […]

Global Survey Results: CFOs Weigh in on Enterprise Digital Transformation and IT Spending Priorities
2 min read
Global Survey Results: CFOs Weigh in on Enterprise Digital Transformation and IT Spending Priorities

When it comes to helping right the ship in times of business turbulence, CFOs play a critical role. They partner closely with the CEO to refine business strategy and with the CIO on implementing enterprise digital transformation to quickly defend against the disruption. An important component of the CFO/CIO partnership during crisis management is prioritizing […]

Understanding the RISE with SAP Platform — and Proceeding with Caution
Rise 5 min read
Understanding the RISE with SAP Platform — and Proceeding with Caution

Many witnessed the great success SAP experienced during its heyday, driven by its strategic focus on business processes running on its precision-engineered software. This led to many of the largest companies in the world leveraging SAP for their back-office functions. As a result, SAP accumulated an enviable customer base of more than 40,000 companies. Now […]

IDG Survey: Navigating the Future of SAP
3 min read
IDG Survey: Navigating the Future of SAP

New IDG survey report explores how IT leaders are accelerating innovation while maximizing SAP investments IT leaders are feeling pressure on all sides. The business wants IT to accelerate innovation to take advantage of technologies such as big data, AI, and IoT. The budget dictates a fine balance between maximizing ROI from existing IT investments […]

Licensees Extending Life of Oracle EBS ERP with AMS, IaaS, and Third-Party Support
5 min read
Licensees Extending Life of Oracle EBS ERP with AMS, IaaS, and Third-Party Support

2020 Survey Results: Analysis of Global Oracle EBS Licensee Behavior   Many Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) licensees today recognize that the software vendor’s dictated support roadmap is an expensive one and following it rarely enhances competitive advantage. It can lead to spending as much as 90% of the IT budget on daily operating costs, leaving […]

Licensees Reducing Oracle Database Costs and Footprint with Open Source and Cloud Alternatives
3 min read
Licensees Reducing Oracle Database Costs and Footprint with Open Source and Cloud Alternatives

2020 Survey Results: Analysis of Global Oracle Database Licensee Behavior   The database landscape has been shifting significantly over the last few years. Oracle Database, the market leader in revenue, seems to be losing popularity as enterprises strive to optimize costs, increase flexibility, and avoid compliance issues. Open source database management systems (OSDBMS), meanwhile, have […]

Licensees Extending Life of PeopleSoft ERP with AMS, IaaS, and Third-Party Support
Business Driven Roadmap, PeopleSoft 3 min read
Licensees Extending Life of PeopleSoft ERP with AMS, IaaS, and Third-Party Support

2020 Survey Results: Analysis of Global PeopleSoft Licensee Behavior Many organizations are spending too much of their IT budget ─ as much as 90% ─ on daily operating costs to run and grow the business, leaving only 10% to fund transformation.[1] Continued overspending on expensive Oracle annual maintenance contracts for PeopleSoft ERP, while following the […]

3 Strategic Takeaways from the Recent SAP Q3 Earnings Call
Earnings, S/4HANA, SAP 2 min read
3 Strategic Takeaways from the Recent SAP Q3 Earnings Call

And how they can inform your SAP roadmap On October 25, SAP released its third-quarter results. Said to be its “biggest rout in 24 years,” SAP Q3 earnings reveal a weak quarter with significant drop in cloud and license revenue compared to its projections. This, despite an uptick in the industry overall, with the increase […]

Feeling the Pressure of Moving ERP to the Cloud? It’s Not as Urgent as Vendors Would Have You Think.
Cloud, Cloud ERP, Hybrid IT 4 min read
Feeling the Pressure of Moving ERP to the Cloud? It’s Not as Urgent as Vendors Would Have You Think.

Implement hybrid IT instead and invest the savings in transformation.   An October 2020 Diginomica article, “Don’t be a sheep – challenge the call to re-platform ERP” from author Brian Sommer, contains some pragmatic advice for CIOs feeling the pressure of moving ERP to the cloud.   It’s not necessary to replace or re-platform important […]