Company grows client base in Russia and launches sales in Poland; already supports 86 organizations in the region
LAS VEGAS, May 6, 2019 – Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products and a Salesforce partner, today announced it has further expanded its operations in Eastern Europe to address the increasing demand for the Company's award-winning, ultra-responsive support services in the region.
Strong and Growing Demand in Eastern Europe
Rimini Street began selling in Russia in 2018, and recently expanded its client base there with new premier domestic clients like Bank Zenit and Ingosstrakh. The Company also recently launched sales in Poland, building on its growing presence in the region, and today, supports 86 organizations with operations in Eastern Europe. The Company has also hired new staff, including experienced local language engineers, to support the next phase of growth in this region.
Enabling a Business-Driven IT Roadmap
Around the world, CIOs are challenged with doing more with less, and are increasingly tasked by the CEO to support growth of the organization through innovation and digital transformation. However, according to industry analysts, as much as 90% of IT budgets are directed to daily IT operations, leaving as little as 10% for investment in strategic initiatives that help the company grow and maintain its competitive edge. In Russia specifically, while digital ambitions are high, 70% of Russian CIOs have not matured digital past the initiating phase1, indicating that lack of time, money and resource could be a contributing factor.
CIOs need to find more capacity in their IT roadmaps to fund and complete business transformation initiatives, but are often at the mercy of vendor-dictated roadmaps of mandatory upgrade cycles, forced migrations, and expensive recurring costs associated with maintaining their core enterprise system. Switching from software vendor support to Rimini Street support can significantly reduce the proportion of IT budget that is spent on daily operating costs, allowing much more budget to be invested for innovation, competitive advantage and growth. This shift allows the CIO to take back control of their IT roadmap and assure it is driven by the businesses' needs going forward, rather than dictated by the software vendor.
"We established and are growing our presence in Eastern Europe to meet the strong and growing demand for better support options in the region for SAP and Oracle software," said Jack Oster, general manager, Israel & Eastern Europe, Rimini Street. "The opportunity for Rimini Street's unique support model and services is high across the region as CIOs struggle with the need to optimize service and costs across their IT landscape and expand their ability to deliver innovation to the business. They are looking for a more value-driven, flexible approach that doesn't lock them in to one vendor and puts them back in control of their enterprise software roadmap."
1 Gartner: “2018 CIO Agenda: A Russia Perspective,” May 28, 2018