More than 115,000 tax, legal and regulatory updates delivered worldwide to date
LAS VEGAS, July 11, 2016 – Rimini Street, Inc., the leading global independent provider of enterprise software support services for SAP SE’s (NYSE:SAP) Business Suite, BusinessObjects and HANA Database software and Oracle Corporation’s (NYSE:ORCL) Siebel, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, E-Business Suite, Oracle Database, Oracle Middleware, Hyperion, Oracle Retail and Oracle Agile PLM, today announced that it has delivered its next set of global tax, legal and regulatory updates for 2016. The updates include the 2016-C update for PeopleSoft clients in the United States and Canada, which were delivered ahead of the vendor’s own scheduled delivery date for similar updates, as well as global updates affecting SAP and Oracle E-Business Suite clients with operations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain and the United Kingdom. Rimini Street has issued more than 115,000 tax, legal and regulatory updates to clients to date, and provides accurate, high-quality deliverables using an innovative combination of a patent-pending tax, legal and regulatory technology, proven methodology and ISO 9001-certified development processes.
Updates for the United States and Canada
Rimini Street updates for the United States and Canada include tax, legal and regulatory changes required by various federal, state, local and provincial agencies.
For clients in the United States, Rimini Street delivered numerous tax, legal and regulatory updates at the federal, state and local government levels. At the federal government level, updates were delivered to support electronic filing for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). At the state government level, updates included a minimum wage increase in Minnesota, as well as wage garnishment changes for Georgia, South Dakota and West Virginia. Rimini Street also delivered updates for quarterly wage reporting for Oregon and Massachusetts. At the local government level, Rimini Street provided local tax changes for dozens of municipalities in Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
For clients in Canada, Rimini Street delivered several tax table updates and calculation changes for British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island and Québec. In addition, changes were delivered to support Record of Employment (ROE) processing in these provinces.
Updates for Asia-Pacific and EMEA
With tax, legal and regulatory delivery capabilities for nearly 200 countries, Rimini Street recently provided many required updates to its clients who need tax, legal and regulatory support for Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- For Australia, numerous start-of-year and end-of-year changes, including adjustments to superannuation contribution caps, annual Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) and Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS) rates, lump sum D values and payroll tax thresholds
- For China, a range of updates related to minimum wage, as well as adjustments to public housing contribution rates
- For Indonesia, critical change to banking payment mediums for both finance and payroll, and updated caps for contributions to health insurance
- For Malaysia, updates related to the revised Social Security Organization (SOCSO) Contribution arrangements
- For New Zealand, a range of start-of-year and end-of-year changes, with a focus on Parental Leave, Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) Earners’ Levy thresholds and the taxation treatment of holiday and lump sum payments
- For Singapore, updated Mosque Building and Mendaki Fund (MBMF) rate and levies for foreign workers
- For Spain, changes to electronic invoicing and creation of the accounting record for invoices
- For the UK, start-of-year updates, including changes to National Insurance (NI) info tab and several updates related to P11D forms as required by HMRC
Industry-Leading Tax, Legal & Regulatory Research and Technology
Rimini Street’s tax, legal and regulatory strategy and scoping team is made up of veteran tax specialists, attorneys and international tax, legal and regulatory professionals who use advanced technology and numerous government and private-sector sources to monitor, collect and verify tax, legal and regulatory changes. These sources include more than 2,700 government web sites and close to 3,300 information sources covering more than 26,000 localities in nearly 200 countries.
Rimini Street also participates as a member in many prominent tax, legal and regulatory associations around the world, including the American, Canadian, United Kingdom and Australian Payroll Associations, the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, the Financial Executives International Association, The Tax Council and the Tax Executives Institute. The innovative combination of technology, proven methodology and ISO 9001 quality processes consistently assures the fastest “legislature-to-live”SM update delivery cycle and highest quality deliverables in the industry.
“Rimini Street has a proven track record of over 115,000 tax, legal and regulatory updates delivered to date, backed by a top-notch team of highly skilled and experienced tax executives and regulatory and legislative compliance experts based all over the world,” said Paul Henville, group vice president, Global Product Delivery, Rimini Street. “Hundreds of Oracle and SAP clients benefit from our global tax, legal and regulatory expertise and rely on this offering as an essential component of world-class enterprise software support. Rimini Street remains committed to providing the highest quality deliverables with the fastest update delivery cycle in the industry.”