Quarterly net revenue of $57.9 million, up 24% year over year
Full fiscal year net revenue of $212.6 million, up 33% year over year
Full fiscal year gross profit of 61%, up from 58% in 2016
Full fiscal year operating income of $22.0 million, up 58% year over year
1,566 active clients at fiscal year-end, up 28% year over year
LAS VEGAS, March 15, 2018 – Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products, today announced results for its fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2017.
“The fourth quarter was another record quarter for revenue and the 48th consecutive quarter of revenue growth for Rimini Street,” stated Seth A. Ravin, Rimini Street co-founder and CEO.
“We continue to see a growing global demand for our enterprise software support products and services, and our current offerings cover an addressable market of more than $30 billion in annual IT services spend. With total annual global market spend on software and maintenance services exceeding $160 billion, and considering additional spend on IT services adjacencies, Rimini Street sees a substantial opportunity for continued growth in the years ahead. As the global leader for independent support and maintenance, we are well-positioned to continue growth through additional sales and marketing investments, as well as expansion into new countries, products and services.”
“Revenue in the fourth quarter and full fiscal year 2017 exceeded the high end of our guidance range, driven by continued growing global demand for our products and services and operational execution in sales and service delivery,” stated Tom Sabol, Rimini Street CFO. “In addition to our focus on revenue growth and gross profit expansion, we are also focused on the goals of reducing total debt, reducing our cost of capital and improving free cash flows in a way that will allow us to invest more in growth and eventually achieve GAAP profitability.”
On January 8, 2018, the U.S. Appeals Court ruled favorably for Rimini Street. The Court of Appeals reversed certain awards made in Oracle’s favor during and after the Oracle v. Rimini Street trial in 2015, and vacated others, including all claims and judgments against Mr. Ravin and an injunction that had already been stayed by the appellate court. Rimini Street will seek reimbursement for up to $50.3 million of the judgment previously paid to Oracle. Rimini Street currently believes Oracle may refund approximately $21.0 million in the second quarter of 2018, and the Company currently expects the resolution of the remaining amount sometime in 2018. Amounts refunded back to Rimini Street from Oracle will be used to pay down outstanding debt under its credit facility. After all appeals have been exhausted and after netting out all remand and appeal costs, a portion of the proceeds received will need to be refunded to the insurance company that paid a portion of the litigation costs.
With respect to the litigation Rimini Street has filed against Oracle (Rimini Street v. Oracle), the Court has allowed us to proceed with our amended complaint against Oracle asking for declaratory judgment of non-infringement of copyright and to proceed with our claims against Oracle of intentional interference with contractual relationships and violation of California and Nevada unfair business practices statutes. The case is not currently expected to go to trial until at least 2020.
Fourth Quarter 2017 Financial Highlights
- Net Revenue was $57.9 million for the quarter, an increase of 24% compared to $46.7 million for the same period last year.
- Annualized Subscription Revenue was $231.6 million for the quarter, an increase of 24% compared to $186.9 million for the same period last year.
- Active Clients as of December 31, 2017 were 1,566, an increase of 28% compared to 1,226 Active Clients on December 31, 2016.
- Gross Profit Percentage was 57.0% for the quarter compared to 59.4% for the same period last year.
- Operating Income was $4.3 million for the quarter compared to $37.9 million for the same period last year. Operating Income includes $5.2 million and $47.4 million of insurance reimbursement recoveries related to litigation for the fourth quarter 2017 and 2016, respectively. Non-GAAP Operating Income was $5.6 million for the quarter compared to a Non-GAAP operating loss of $3.3 million for the same period last year.
- Net Loss attributable to common stockholders was $3.9 million or a diluted net loss per share of $0.07 based on 55.0 million weighted average shares outstanding compared to net income attributable to common stockholders of $14.1 million or diluted earnings per share of $0.31 based on 45.3 million weighted average shares outstanding for the same period last year. Non-GAAP net loss attributable to common stockholders for the quarter was $8.5 million compared to $15.4 million for the same period last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter was a positive $6.0 million compared to a negative $3.9 million for the same period last year.
Full Year 2017 Financial Highlights
- Net Revenue was $212.6 million for the full year 2017, an increase of 33% compared to $160.2 million for the full year 2016.
- Revenue Retention Rate was 93% for the trailing 12-months ended December 31, 2017.
- Gross Profit Percentage increased to 61.0% for full year 2017 compared to 58.1% for full year 2016.
- Operating Income was $22.0 million for full year 2017 compared to $13.9 million for full year 2016; Non-GAAP Operating Income was $29.8 million for full year 2017 compared to a loss of $12.0 million for full year 2016.
- Net Loss attributable to common stockholders was $53.3 million or a diluted net loss per share of $1.65 based on 32.2 million weighted average shares outstanding for full year 2017 compared to a net loss attributable to common stockholders of $22.9 million or a diluted net loss per share of $0.95 based on 24.3 million weighted average shares outstanding for full year 2016. Non-GAAP Net Loss attributable to common stockholders was $32.9 million compared to $35.1 million for full year 2016.
- Adjusted EBITDA was a positive $32.1 million for full year 2017 compared to a negative $12.0 million for full year 2016.
Reconciliations of the non-GAAP financial measures provided in this press release to their most directly comparable GAAP financial measures are provided in the financial tables included at the end of this press release. An explanation of these measures and how they are calculated is also included under the heading About Non-GAAP Financial Measures and Certain Key Metrics.
Fourth Quarter 2017 Company Highlights
- Completed the merger with GP Investments Acquisition Corp., and began trading as a public company on Nasdaq under the symbol “RMNI” on October 11, 2017.
- Honored with seven Golden Bridge Awards for 2017, including IT Company of the Year, in addition to multiple award wins for delivering excellence in customer service.
- Recognized by the One Planet Best in Business and Professional Excellence Awards with three awards, including Company of the Year and Most Innovative Service of the Year.
- Presented at 16 CIO and IT and procurement leader events worldwide, including Gartner’s IT Symposium in Orlando, Florida, Brazil, Japan, Australia and Spain, and the IDC CIO Summit in Malaysia.
Full Year 2017 Achievements and Highlights
- Invested in growth and expansion worldwide including the opening of the Company’s new, expanded Latin American headquarters in São Paulo, Brazil, and the launch of the Company’s French subsidiary, Rimini Street SAS, and opening of its new Paris office.
- Expanded its technology platform coverage, offering support for six new database products including IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and SAP’s Sybase family of database products.
- Launched Rimini Street Advanced Database Security, a next-generation security solution that identifies and intercepts attempted exploits of database vulnerabilities before they reach their target.
- Closed a record number of support cases more than 25,000 support cases across 61 countries and achieved an average client satisfaction rating on the Company’s support delivery of 4.8 out of 5.0 (where 5.0 is rated as “excellent”).
- Delivered more than 20,000 tax, legal and regulatory updates to clients worldwide through an innovative combination of patent-pending tax, legal and regulatory technology, a proven methodology and ISO 9001-certified development processes.
- Recognized as a “Top Workplace” by the Bay Area News Group for the fourth time. Made the San Francisco Business Times’ “Top Software Companies in the Greater Bay Area” list for the second consecutive year
- Partnered with 55 charities around the world through the Rimini Street Foundation, providing financial contributions, in-kind donations and numerous employee volunteer hours.
First Quarter 2018 Revenue Guidance
The Company is currently providing first quarter 2018 revenue guidance to be in the range of approximately $59.0 million to $60.0 million.
Full Year 2018 Revenue Guidance
The Company is currently providing full year 2018 revenue guidance to be in the range of approximately $250 million to $270 million.
Webcast and Conference Call Information
Rimini Street will host a conference call and webcast to discuss the fourth quarter and full year 2017 results at 5:00 p.m. Eastern / 2:00 p.m. Pacific time on March 15, 2018. A live webcast of the event will be available on Rimini Street’s Investor Relations site at https://investors.riministreet.com/events-and-presentations/upcoming-and-past-events. Dial in participants can access the conference call by dialing (855) 213-3942 in the U.S. and Canada and enter the code 4385768. A replay of the webcast will be available for at least 90 days following the event.