When it comes to helping right the ship in times of business turbulence, CFOs play a critical role. They partner closely with the CEO to refine business strategy and with the CIO on implementing enterprise digital transformation to quickly defend against the disruption.
An important component of the CFO/CIO partnership during crisis management is prioritizing IT spending on projects with the highest potential ROI and greatest possible business impact in order to emerge stronger on the other side.
So how did CFOs weather the 2020 global pandemic?
What was the role of IT digital transformation?
What is the impact on 2021 spending priorities?
The 2021 Global CFO Survey
Sponsored by Rimini Street, Dimensional Research surveyed CFOs around the world who represented a variety of industries and company sizes, from both the public and private sectors, to learn about their 2020 activities during the economic and political uncertainty, plus that of the pandemic. Nearly 1,600 respondents weighed in on a range of topics including IT spending trends, technology investments that deliver the greatest value, measuring IT ROI, and CFO/CIO relationship dynamics.
Key findings of the global survey reveal:
- The CFO perspective on enterprise digital transformation and its importance to organizational success, including:
- its rank on the corporate priority list
- how the pandemic has affected IT spending
- Improvements or declines in CFO/CIO relationships in 2020, including:
- what went right
- what went wrong
- why the relationship is so important
- CFO investment criteria and IT spending priorities for 2021, including:
- CFOs’ preferred investments
- how far some CFOs will go to secure new funding
Facilitate Enterprise Digital Transformation with Third-Party Support
Third-party support for enterprise software meets three important CFO criteria for IT investment relative to ROI, process and efficiency, and the value of existing investments. To learn more about these criteria, the survey results, and how CFOs will prioritize spending for IT digital transformation throughout 2021, see the free (no registration required), complete report, “2021 CFO Peer Insights: Digital Transformation and IT Spending Priorities.”