Our Commitment to Privacy
Data Transfers Outside the EEA
The personal information that we collect from you on this Site may be transferred to, stored and/or made accessible to our entities located in the United States. In such circumstances, Rimini Street will rely on the Privacy Shield.
Rimini Street participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal information received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework's applicable Principles. To learn more about Privacy Shield, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EU and Switzerland. Rimini Street is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Rimini Street is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
We may also transfer, store and/or make accessible your personal data to our entities located out of the EEA and out of the United States and/or to our suppliers, subcontractors, consultants or third party service providers. In such circumstances, we will rely on the European Model Clauses as adopted by the European Commission. Upon request we can share with you a copy of the European Model Clauses we have entered into.
If you have any complaints regarding our privacy program you should first contact us at: .
Rimini Street, Inc.
3993 Howard Hughes Parkway,
Suite 500, Las Vegas, Nevada 89169
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Any questions, comments or complaints about the data practices (including without limitation compliance with data privacy principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, access, security, data integrity, or enforcement) of a hosted, online, on-boarding software customer or partner for whom Rimini Street processes data should be addressed to that customer or partner.
Rimini Street's privacy practices described in this Policy comply with the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System (CBPR). The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
APEC CROSS-BORDER PRIVACY RULES SYSTEM (PDF)
Personal information We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information when you access the Site or participate in Events:
- Personal information you provide directly when you request a quote, request more personal information or ask us to contact you regarding Rimini Street services, or via any email messages you send us, including personal information such as your name, your company (if any), email address, and phone.
- Information you provide directly, including personal information you submit through this Site as part of the online job application process.
- Subject to your prior express consent, passively collected information, including through the use of "cookies" described below, such as IP addresses, Web browser and operating system information, date and time of visits, referring/exit pages and the Web pages your Internet browser visits when browsing the Site.
- Subject to your prior express consent, click-through information related to Rimini Street emails and related marketing activities; and aggregate, non-personal information, such as the number of hits per week or per Web page.
- Personal information you provide directly at Events by completing a contact form, exchanging your business card or exchanging contact information via electronic token.
- In some instances and subject to your prior consent we may process other information with personal information, such as a precise geographical location with your name. We will treat all such information as personal information.
For personal information processed under the direction of our customers and/or partners Rimini Street generally has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information it processes.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16 or the equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, such as 13 in the United States, we will take steps to delete the personal information as soon as possible. Please immediately contact us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Rimini Street uses personal information collected from the Site and Events for different purposes as defined hereunder.
For the performance of the contract which you enter into with us or as part of pre-contractual measures when you ask for information in relation to our products, services and job applications:
- we use the personal information you provide directly online, or through email messages, relating to inquiries about services or requests for quotes to respond to your inquiries and requests;
- we may use and disseminate the personal information submitted using the online job application process internally as necessary to consider your application and to contact you regarding our decision. You also have the ability to send a job opening or a link to an article to one of your contacts by entering the third party personal information such as third party email address. The third party will be sent a one-time email alerting them to the opening. Rimini Street does not store this personal information once the invitation has been sent to the third party; and
- we may use the personal information internationally in connection with processing your inquiries and orders.
With your prior express consent,
- we use the personal information you provide online, including actions or clicks from hyperlinks, to customize future communications and Web pages in accordance with communication preferences you have established with Rimini Street;
- for some registration, email and use personal information you provide, we may direct you to particular Web pages, customize the Web pages you see, or otherwise increase the relevance of the personal information you receive;
- we use personal information about Web pages visited, page hits per week, and the like, internally to improve the design of our Web pages; and
- we may also use the personal information internationally to help improve our products and services and for processing and storage to ensure that you benefit from enhances products and services.
Of course, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us following the instructions under the Contact section below.
Cookies and Other Technologies
"Cookies" are small text files that store information about your interactions with a particular website, either temporarily (known as a "temporary" or "session" cookie, and deleted once you close your browser window) or more permanently on the hard drive of your computer (known as a "permanent" or "persistent cookie"). Cookies can make it easier to use a website by allowing servers to access certain information quickly:
- Session cookies can be used to help a user's browser navigate a website more smoothly and may show up if the user comes from a website with which the subsequent website has some relationship (for example, a website of an affiliated company) and can give helpful information.
- Persistent cookies can be used to customize a website for a user, such as by storing passwords, preferences, and registration and account information so that users do not have to reenter this information each time they visit a website.
- This Site may use both session/temporary cookies and persistent/permanent cookies to store non-personal information that allows us to offer you better customer service and easier site navigation. To make the Site easier to use, we combine information collected via cookies with personal information.
- Our third party marketing partner employs a software technology called "clear gifs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' personal information.
- The information collected by cookies includes information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the website and your location.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Note that if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you might not be able to access important functions or areas of the Site or enjoy certain conveniences at this Site. For more information about these controls and how to exercise your cookie preference, visit your browser or device's help material. You will find below the links to instructions to block cookies depending on the browser you rely on.
Moreover, you can use another online service enabling you to manage the advertisement cookies placed our your devices : http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Rimini Street shares information for business purposes only on a need-to-know basis and only with:
- Its own employees and affiliates.
- The customer from which Rimini Street received the personal information.
- Rimini Street subcontractors, consultants and third-party service-provider companies that have agreed to safeguard such personal information in a like manner to the way that Rimini Street safeguards such information and that have signed confidentiality agreements with Rimini Street.
- Other entities authorized to have access to such information under applicable law or regulation. Rimini Street does not share personal information with third-party marketers.
- We may also disclose to public and/or judicial authorities your personal information as required by law, to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- We will not use or share personal information in ways unrelated to those described above without first notifying you and offering you a choice as to whether or not we may use your personal information in this different manner.
If Rimini Street is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Upon request we will provide you with personal information about whether, as a data controller, we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us. You are also entitled to object to or restrict the further processing of your personal information at any time. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard form. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. In any case, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information.
To process your request, we may request personal information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such personal information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. Applicable laws or regulatory requirements may allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain.
If at any time after registering to receive information you change your mind and no longer wish to receive any information or marketing emails from us, send a request to email@example.com, use the unsubscribe link contained in our marketing emails, or visit www.riministreet.com/unsubscribe specifying your new choice.
In situations where we are a data processor, we generally have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information we process. An individual who seeks access to, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate personal information that has been provided to a Rimini Street customer or partner should direct their query to the hosted, online, on-boarding software customer or partner for whom Rimini Street processes personal information.
We post customer testimonials on our Site, which may contain personal information such as the customer's name. We obtain the customer's consent prior to posting their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Data Integrity and Security
Rimini Street processes personal information only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for such purposes, we take reasonable steps to make sure that customer personal information is accurate, complete, current and otherwise reliable with regard to its intended use based on the personal information that has been provided to us. However, Rimini Street is not responsible for ensuring that it has up-to-date personal information of each customer or Site user, nor will Rimini Street be responsible for ensuring that customers or users of the Site update their personal information with Rimini Street.
Rimini Street takes reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity, and prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure, of personal information. This includes maintaining a system of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to secure such personal information.
Third-Party Website, Content, Products and Services
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a contractual relationship and for no longer than five years after its termination. If we don't have a contractual relationship but you have shared your information only to request information and/or to register to an event, we will delete your personal information three years after collection. If you have created an account with us, and that you do not log on your account for more than 3 years and that we do not have ongoing contractual relationship, we will delete your personal information.
Questions regarding this policy or the practices of the Site should be directed to Rimini Street by emailing such questions to email@example.com, calling 702-839-9671 or by regular mail addressed to:
3993 Howard Hughes Parkway,
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
Effective Date 05/09/2017