New Service Standard Designed to Address the Opportunities and Challenges Facing Oracle and SAP Licensees
LAS VEGAS – April 29, 2015 – Rimini Street, Inc., the leading global independent provider of enterprise software support services for SAP SE’s (NYSE:SAP) Business Suite and BusinessObjects software and Oracle Corporation’s (NYSE:ORCL) Siebel, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, E-Business Suite, Oracle Database, Oracle Middleware, Hyperion and Oracle Retail, today once again redefines enterprise software support with the launch of its next generation of Rimini Street Support Services, a comprehensive suite of services specifically designed to enable Oracle and SAP licensees to address new opportunities and challenges accompanying today’s changing IT landscape.
In addition to enhancing the award-winning support services currently offered by Rimini Street, today’s announcement includes the launch of three major new support components: Security Support Services, Risk Avoidance Services, and Innovation & Roadmap Services. With the launch of this next-generation enterprise software support program, Rimini Street further extends its position as the industry leader in enterprise software support service strategy, programs and delivery – offering the only complete suite of services across the full lifecycle of client support requirements.
Redefining Enterprise Software Support – Again
In 2005, Rimini Street redefined enterprise software support by introducing new and innovative support features and pricing not previously offered by any other vendor. In the decade since, Rimini Street has successfully delivered its suite of services and exceptional value to more than 1,000 clients, including 118 Fortune 500 and Global 100 organizations.
With its first-of-a-kind features such as customized code support (at the same service level as vendor-delivered code), interoperability support and performance support, rigorous service level commitments and a client satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 (where 5 equals “excellent”) – all delivered at half the price of Oracle and SAP’s annual support fees – Rimini Street is widely recognized as the leading provider of independent support services1 from a market, value and service perspective.
Today, Oracle and SAP licensees face new opportunities and challenges from an evolving IT landscape, including:
- Shifting strategic focus from core ERP “Systems of Record” to innovative “Systems of Engagement”
- Cross-platform interoperability needs between mature Oracle and SAP enterprise software platforms and innovative cloud solutions in a hybrid IT landscape
- Software vendor investment pivot from current applications to preannounced future ERP platforms
- Costly vendor-forced upgrades to new application releases and future unproven platforms for limited business benefit just to retain full support
- Increasing global security threats and challenges
In response, Rimini Street is launching its next generation of Rimini Street Support Services to help both existing and new clients with strategies and services to address these opportunities and challenges. Rimini Street Support Services enables Oracle and SAP licensees to cost effectively run their current application releases and technology smoothly and in full legal compliance for the next 15 years or longer after switching to Rimini Street (without any required upgrades), as well as fund investments in innovation that drive growth and support business objectives.
Rimini Street Support Services now consists of the following full-lifecycle components:
- Product Support Services
- Global Tax, Legal and Regulatory Services
- Security Support Services (New)
- Risk Avoidance Services (New)
- Technology Support Services
- Innovation & Roadmap Services (New)
- Account Management Services
Below is a brief description of each of the new service components:
- Security Support Services – Rimini Street Security Support Services provides proactive security intelligence reporting and resolution services, designed to protect client systems from potential vulnerabilities and mitigate security risks. The Company also now provides robust support for security-specific cases filed by clients.
- Risk Avoidance Services – Rimini Street Risk Avoidance Services is a portfolio of proactive support services designed to identify and resolve potential issues before they occur in order to ensure maximum uptime and optimal performance across a range of application and infrastructure components. The first four Risk Avoidance Services being announced today are:
- Application Architecture Assessment
- Hardware Monitoring
- Database Health Check
- Best Practice Advisement
- Innovation & Roadmap Services – Rimini Street Innovation & Roadmap Services is a set of services that enable clients to maximize their ROI on existing technology investments by building a strategy and plan that can keep current application releases operating smoothly and in full legal compliance for the next 15 years or more. Furthermore, Rimini Street will work with clients to design roadmaps that integrate new innovations and technologies to achieve business and budget objectives in the years ahead. The new Innovation & Roadmap Services include:
- Technology Roadmap
- Innovation Roadmap
Each of these new service offerings will be made available to new and existing Rimini Street clients.
Bringing Service Back to the Software Support Industry
“Most Oracle and SAP customers are struggling to efficiently maintain their core enterprise software while also taking advantage of new trends like digitalization and cloud that should be levers for driving business growth,” said Rebecca Wettemann, VP, Enterprise Applications, Analytics and Cloud at Nucleus Research. “Funded by continued client success, Rimini Street is demonstrably increasing investments in innovative, valuable service capabilities, at a breadth and depth not available from any other support vendor, that help clients cost effectively maintain their current operations and also position and invest in new programs needed by the business to drive growth and customer engagement.”
“Rimini Street continues to disrupt and reshape the enterprise software support services market with innovative offerings designed to meet the evolving service and budgetary needs of Oracle and SAP enterprise software licensees,” said Seth Ravin, Rimini Street CEO. “The introduction of our next-generation enterprise software support services, which includes the launch of several first-of-a-kind services, demonstrates Rimini Street’s continuing commitment to bring innovation, value and excellent client service back to the software support industry.”