Our Commitment to Privacy
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
Rimini Street participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework's applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions. Under those provisions and under certain circumstances, Rimini Street is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Rimini Street is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
EEA Data Collection
Additionally, Rimini Street may use data collected from employees and prospective employees to review candidacy, to schedule interviews, for pre-employment screening, to onboard new employees and to carry out and manage functions related to Human Resources administration. This information is also potentially used to manage benefits and payroll for employees.
Swiss Safe Harbor Participation
Rimini Street complies with the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Rimini Street has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Rimini Street's certification, please visit: http://2016.export.gov/safeharbor/.
If you have any complaints regarding our privacy program you should first contact us at: .
Rimini Street, Inc.
3993 Howard Hughes Parkway,
Suite 500, Las Vegas, Nevada 89169
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. For human resources data we have agreed to cooperate with the Data Protection Authorities.
Any questions, comments or complaints about the data practices (including without limitation compliance with data privacy principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, access, security, data integrity, or enforcement) of a hosted, online, on-boarding software customer or partner for whom Rimini Street processes data should be addressed to that customer or partner.
Rimini Street's privacy practices described in this Policy comply with the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System (CBPR). The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
APEC CROSS-BORDER PRIVACY RULES SYSTEM (PDF)
Information Collection and Use
We may collect the following types of information when you access the Site or participate in Events:
- Information you provide directly when you request a quote, request more information or ask us to contact you regarding Rimini Street services, or via any email messages you send us, including personal information such as your name, your company (if any), email address, and phone
- Information you provide directly, including personal information you submit through this Site as part of the online job application process
- Passively collected information, including through the use of "cookies" described below, such as IP addresses, Web browser and operating system information, date and time of visits, and the Web pages your Internet browser visits when browsing the Site
- Click-through information related to Rimini Street emails and related marketing activities; and aggregate, non-personal information, such as the number of hits per week or per Web page
- Information you provide directly at Events by completing a contact form, exchanging your business card or exchanging contact information via electronic token
- In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information, such as combining a precise geographical location with your name. If we combine other information with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
For information processed under the direction of our customers and/or partners Rimini Street generally has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes.
Cookies and Other Technologies
"Cookies" are small text files that store information about your interactions with a particular website, either temporarily (known as a "temporary" or "session" cookie, and deleted once you close your browser window) or more permanently on the hard drive of your computer (known as a "permanent" or "persistent cookie"). Cookies can make it easier to use a website by allowing servers to access certain information quickly:
- Session cookies can be used to help a user's browser navigate a website more smoothly and may show up if the user comes from a website with which the subsequent website has some relationship (for example, a website of an affiliated company) and can give helpful information.
- Persistent cookies can be used to customize a website for a user, such as by storing passwords, preferences, and registration and account information so that users do not have to reenter this information each time they visit a website.
- This Site may use both session/temporary cookies and persistent/permanent cookies to store non-personal information that allows us to offer you better customer service and easier site navigation. To make the Site easier to use, we combine information collected via cookies with personal information. Note that if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you might not be able to access important functions or areas of the Site or enjoy certain conveniences at this Site.
- Our third party marketing partner employs a software technology called "clear gifs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' personal information.
- The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the website and your location.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
The Way We Use Information
Rimini Street uses information collected from the Site and Events in the following ways:
- We use the information you provide directly online, or through email messages, relating to inquiries about services or requests for quotes to respond to your inquiries and requests.
- We use the information you provide online, including actions or clicks from hyperlinks, to customize future communications and Web pages in accordance with communication preferences you have established with Rimini Street.
- For some registration, email and use data you provide, we may direct you to particular Web pages, customize the Web pages you see, or otherwise increase the relevance of the information you receive.
- We use information about Web pages visited, page hits per week, and the like, internally to improve the design of our Web pages.
- We may use and disseminate the information submitted using the online job application process internally as necessary to consider your application and to contact you regarding our decision. You also have the ability to send a job opening or a link to an article to one of your contacts by entering the third party personal information such as third party email address. The third party will be sent a one-time email alerting them to the opening. Rimini Street does not store this information once the invitation has been sent to the third party.
- We may use the information internationally in connection with processing your inquiries and orders, to help improve our products and services and for processing and storage.
When We Share Customer Information
Rimini Street shares information for business purposes only on a need-to-know basis and only with:
- Its own employees and affiliates.
- The customer from which Rimini Street received the information.
- Rimini Street subcontractors, consultants, and third-party service-provider companies, that have agreed to safeguard such information in a like manner to the way that Rimini Street safeguards such information and that have signed confidentiality agreements with Rimini Street.
- Other entities authorized to have access to such information under applicable law or regulation. Rimini Street does not share non-public individually identifiable information with third-party marketers.
- We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- We will not use or share information in ways unrelated to those described above without first notifying you and offering you a choice as to whether or not we may use your data in this different manner.
Rimini Street uses a third party service provider to handle the Client Login section of the Site.
If Rimini Street is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether, as a data controller, we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
In situations where we are a data processor, we generally have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process. An individual who seeks access to, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate personal information that has been provided to a Rimini Street customer or partner should direct their query to the hosted, online, on-boarding software customer or partner for whom Rimini Street processes data.
Our Commitment to Data Integrity and Security
Rimini Street processes information only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for such purposes, we take reasonable steps to make sure that customer information is accurate, complete, current and otherwise reliable with regard to its intended use based on the information that has been provided to us. However, Rimini Street is not responsible for ensuring that it has up-to-date personal information of each customer or Site user, nor will Rimini Street be responsible for ensuring that customers or users of the Site update their personal information with Rimini Street.
Rimini Street takes reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity, and prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure, of information. This includes maintaining a system of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to secure such information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you with services or information. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal and internal recordkeeping obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Third-Party Website, Content, Products and Services
The Site may provide links to websites and access to content, products and services from third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates, and sponsors of the Site. You agree that Rimini Street is not responsible for the availability of, and content provided on, third-party websites. You should refer to the policies posted by other websites regarding privacy and other topics before you use them. You agree that Rimini Street is not responsible for third-party content accessible through the Site, including opinions, advice, statements, and advertisements, and understand that you bear all risks associated with the use of such content. Your relationship is directly with the third party, including, but not limited to, if you choose to purchase any products or services from a third party. You agree that Rimini Street is not responsible for: (a) the quality of third-party products or services; and (b) fulfilling any of the terms of your agreement with the seller, including delivery of products or services and warranty obligations related to purchased products or services. You agree that Rimini Street is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with any third party.
We post customer testimonials on our Site, which may contain personal information such as the customer's name. We obtain the customer's consent prior to posting their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If at any time after registering to receive information you change your mind and no longer wish to receive any information or marketing emails from us, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.riministreet.com/unsubscribe specifying your new choice.
We will not retain your personal data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Correcting and Updating Your Information
Rimini Street, Inc.
3993 Howard Hughes Parkway,
Las Vegas, Nevada 89169
Questions regarding this policy or the practices of the Site should be directed to Rimini Street by emailing such questions to email@example.com or by regular mail addressed to:
3993 Howard Hughes Parkway,
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
Effective Date 9/12/2016